Updated: Apr 15
By Tamesha Kinloch-Carter, CWP
Wedding Planning Tip
What does a Wedding Planner Do?
I'm happy you've asked....
In general, a Wedding Planner/Consultant can provide the following services:
1. Listen carefully from the very beginning to learn your wedding vision, and then be your advocate for realizing your dream in the best way possible.
2. Assist you in setting up a budget, and committing to helping you stick to it.
3. Assist you with locating and reserving ceremony and reception sites.
4. Help you select and hire reputable vendors, such as the florist, the caterer, the musicians, the designer, the photographer and the videographer.
5. Advise you on vendor contracts and handle any negotiations.
6. Coordinate communication between vendors & suppliers, so that, for example, the designer knows when and how to obtain access to the ceremony site to decorate.
7. Serve as a referee, friend, budget advisor, etiquette expert, shopper, detailed manager and organizer.
8. Draw up a timeline to keep everyone on schedule, both pre-wedding and on the day of the wedding.
9. Supervise all the last minute details of your wedding day.
These are just a FEW things that a professional wedding planner does for her clients. When in-fact the list is endless.
For more wedding planning and lifestyle tips, visit our website: